Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Right Now

I like magic
Like twinkling stars in my lovers eyes
that flash love
and fear
and happiness
and sadness
and more love
all at the same time

I like magical moments
Like candlelight on her shoulder
and her brown kissing my black
like the urgency of our love
like the moment when our forever...

...becomes peaceful

and our present is just that
and nothing even matters
but our magic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote this on May 11. I have been searching for magic recently. Being that I am a left-brained scientist, this is a scary search. Finding magic would be finding something I could not prove, something I could not stand on as a concrete fact, something I had to trust. I fear that trust. I fear faith; I don't want to believe in what does not already exist in my visible realm. However, I know I have to trust. I have to push past my fear to seek magic. Pushing past this fear will allow me to live in the light that I have been running from. Somewhere in me is a bold, vibrant little girl, who talks to ghosts, giggles with her ancestors, and dances naked with the stars at night. She is not afraid, because she trusts that she is constantly surrounded with light and warmth and protection. I will be her again. Life is a cipher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home