Thursday, May 19, 2005

Being Present

Today my girlfriend read me an awesome quote. It basically said that magic and miracles only happen in the present. They do not happen in the past or in the future. To receive magic and miracles, you must live in the present.

I think am present in my relationships with others, but I am not completely present in own my life. I am too afraid I might see things that are beyond the visible spectrum (i.e. ghosts, spirits, auras, really evil stuff, really magical stuff, etc.). I am scared to trust that if I did see these things, I would be safe. But I want miracles and magic. I am seeking the spectacular, though part of me is kicking and screaming and clawing my way back to the reality everyone else calls life.

Running from your present is like trying to escape your image in a house of mirrors; everywhere you go there you are. At some point you will just have to accept the reality staring you right in the face. I have accepted this truth with my past, and my future. I am scared to accept it with my present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home