Friday, October 14, 2005

It is TIME!

The universe is working in my life! Things are coming together to lead me back to my true self, and I am ready!!

Brief synopsis: When I was in high school, I was involved in an organization called Rites of Passage. For a year I worked on myself in a circle of womyn who were all working toward "crossing over" into the next stage of our womanhood. We learned about our ancestry, learned self-defense, cooked meals, went on trips, and just
grew in ourselves in a space that was safe and just for us
. During this time my GPA went from 2.8 to 3.8, I grew out my perm, I stopped eating meat, I began to wrap my head, and I starting learning to live comfortably in my own skin.

The group was facilitated by a magnificent spirit that connected with me on a level that no one other than my mother and my grandmother ever had. She adopted me as her godchild, and stayed close to me as I continued to transition out of high school and into college.

WELL, I went to college and into battle. I knew that to come out of the battle alive, I would have to do it without my godmother's protection. I was battling with myself, and I had to face myself alone. Of course I made it out, but I feared that I had severed my ties with my godmother. I couldn't find her and had no way of getting in touch with her. I was afraid that her absence was because I pushed her away. I thought I'd lost her forever.

Fast forward to this Monday (5 years since after our last contact): I am sitting a meeting with a guy who works at a local middle school hosting boy-centered programs. He then starts telling us about the girl's program at the school. It is facilitated by my godmother! I had to keep it together, cuz I was still at work. I gave him my card and told him to make sure he passed it on to her. Three days went by, no call. Finally, Thursday morning my office phone rings. It is my godmother on the other end. We chatted briefly and I promised to call her back later. I called her at around 11:30. We talked until about 2:45AM! Soooooooooooooooooooo much came into focus for me in that convo. I can't even begin to express how many questions were answered, how many cloudy moments became clear, it was just like...WHOA!

We are meeting Saturday evening to spend some quality time discussing errrything. The only thing I am not looking forward to is changing my diet. When my godmother is helping me facilitate my own personal growth, there is no time for junk food. The growth I am ready to make has to be physical as well as spiritual and mental. I asked for this! I let go of the cliff to spread my wings, and look what I got- flight lessons and some wind beneath my wings
. Pass the organic foods, candles, sister circles, chants, churches, temples, books... I done came home, thangs 'bout ta change 'round here!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home