Thursday, October 27, 2005

What y'all n**gas know about da Dirty South!

I am on a dirty south kick right now. I was initially playing the song "Thought Process" from Goodie MOB's first album, Soul Food. The last verse is performed by Andre Benjamin (not Andre 3000, though he has evolved into a dope dude, they are definitely different), and strongly exhibits his lyrical genius. I suggest listening to it when you have some time.

I changed to "Liberation" cuz I felt it was more inline with my post "Republicans should be Ugly."

A tribute to Atlanta Public Schools: My senior English teacher was the shiznit. She was also a fan of Goodie MOB. One day she wrote the group's name one the board and asked if we knew what it meant. Of course we did not. Then she wrote under it, "The Good die Mostly Over Bullshit". From the discussion that followed she moved us into that day's lesson, the Autobiography of Malcolm X. I remember sitting in class with a present day understanding of the moment in history we were studying. Good teachers are hard to forget.


1 Comments:

Blogger Gradly said...

Loving it.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home