Sunday, May 22, 2005

Good Sunday Mornin' To Ya!

Last night I had an all night film festival all by myself. I watched 8 episodes of Queer As Folk in my dark bedroom cuddled next to my pillow. I went to bed when the sun came up and woke up at about 2PM. When I awoke, I felt something supernatural goin' on in my room, and I was not afraid. I said to the universe that if I needed to see something, I was peaceful enough at that moment for it to be revealed. When I opened my eyes, there was nothing there (much to my relief). I feel like I should have kept my eyes closed and meditated on the peaceful feeling that was filling my room when I awoke. Ah well, I am taking baby steps until I find myself running into a new realm of consciousness.

After waking up I took a shower, put on one of my favorite shirts, and took myself to Ria's for brunch. It rocked as usual. Then I looked at apartments for a while. I saw a 2bdrm/2 bath loft that made me happy. I also peeked at a 1bdrm/1bath that would be good for me if I decide to spend the next year again living alone. Now I am at work enjoying the silence of my office, and pondering what to do next. All in all, this day has been fun. I miss my poo face girl, but I recognize the importance of spending a weekend away from each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday Morning

Light hits my window and I am waiting/ I stand naked with wanting flesh waiting to catch it/ my all night love sessions with Moon-woman leave me ripe and open/ worlds pouring from my flesh/ nations rising from my womb/ I stand naked but not vulnerable/ I await my fight/ under the bright beams of Sun I will war against evil until I find my divinity/ I will bleed until I lay sunken and pale on the battlefield my children will build/ I will die and be reborn anew, watching generations lay down and rise between my toes/ I will live as a might oak, a butterfly, a single drop of water, a single beam of light, a warrior woman-big bellied and brown skinned/ I will live in the bright sun until I shine golden and brilliant/ until I rise into the sky, becoming one with time and space and life and love and all that is and was and will be.../ Light hits my window and I am waiting/ in peace/ not afraid
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(whoa, maybe I am a poet after all.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home