Friday, June 10, 2005

Gettin' Shit Done

I am sitting at my desk with a ton of responsibilities, but no motivation. I wanted to find a job that allowed me to determine the best way to get stuff done, and now that I have it, I feel a little overwhelmed. I know that I will pull everything together in the next few days, but I wish I was more motivated right now. I recognize this feeling. I am sabotaging my job right now. I recognize that I will have to put myself out on a limb to get things done, and instead of living up to my full potential, I am sabotaging everything so I do not have to risk failing once I have given my all. Now what? How do I move past this truth? I do not have time to take baby-steps, cuz I have a deadline next Tuesday. Normally, I would just ignore my issues until it is the day of the deadline. Then I would throw something together that ends up being a good report, and gets me a small amount of praise. What if this time, I actually worked on my stuff ahead of time? What if I actually committed to being successful in this project, and put my all into it? What if I stepped out on that limb, with the faith that even if I fell, I would still be ok? What if I decided that I love myself too much to always sabotage work that would indicate my real potential? Fuck what ifs! Fuck them! I am going to do this project. I am going to get this shit done because I always go into my head when I am challenged, and I am tired of it. I am going to move past "processing" shit, and just doing it!

I forgive myself for being afraid of my own greatness. I see my truth for all that it really is. I will move, knowing that I am always protected, loved, and that I am equipped with everything I need to be successful.

Aight, time to work!

~J

3 Comments:

Blogger a black girl said...

Afraid of our own potential... ahh the root of most of our problems.What if you're really a magician or shaman? Able to finish the tasks in a blink? Its possible.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hey old friend. I'm loving your blog so far, i hope you continue writing.

I wish i could give you advice, say something that might click and get those papers/ work in on time...but i can't. If i did know- i wouldnt be two steps away from failing out of school.

So ill refrain from giving advice...

But while were on the topic of blogs...may i add yours to mine?

6:48 PM  
Blogger FindingMie said...

Jocie...it has occurred to me that love and fear are our greatest motivations in this life. but we both know that operating out of fear holds us back from realizing the Truth of our lives/selves. You are more than capable. Your heart is a powerful wizard. Make magic. Get shit done!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home