Monday, June 20, 2005

Gettin' Schooled

I am learning that it is really ok to not be perfect.

I am learning that it is really ok to be scared.

I am learning that it is really ok to need someone.

I am learning that it is really ok to not like someone.

I am learning that it is really ok to rest.

I am learning that it is really ok to seek help.

I am learning that it is really ok to feel.

I am learning that is really ok to not be logical.

I am learning that it is really ok to breakdown (or break-through).

I am learning that it is really ok to not be everyone's friend.

I am learning that is really ok to be unpopular.

I am learning that it is really ok to be loved.

I am learning that it is really ok to be unhealthy.

I am learning that it is really ok to grow.


I am learning a whole whole lot right now, just from being vigilant. When I listen to what the universe tells me, when I am open to what the universe shows me, when I stop running from being still, I learn.

Sometimes I am so scared that I feel paralyzed. The weird thing is that I have really only recently allowed myself to be fully present in that fear. In the past, I have been so committed to overcoming the fear, that I run straight past it without even looking to see what I was scared of in the first place. Recently, I have sat very still in silence right next to my deepest fears. And before I could run, before I could hide, before I could cover my eyes and cower in the corner, my poo face would be right there. She never tells me not to be afraid. She never takes my place next to my fears. She never covers me with her own light until I am safe. She just sits there with me, and talks me through it until I am looking my fears right in the eye. I have never experienced anything like this before. And the more I look at my fears, the more I learn about myself. The most incredible thing I have learned (and really digested) is that I already have everything I need to face my fears inside of me. I have the peace and the light to overcome any darkness that creeps into my room at night before I fall asleep. All I have to do is call to the light that is inside of me, and I know that I am protected. I am constantly surrounded by light and love and peace and generations of ancestors that watch over me 24-7! With this knowledge and the all the feelings this knowledge brings, I welcome this new day. I welcome this new week. I welcome this new life. I welcome my self to a higher level of consciousness.

1 Comments:

Blogger FindingMie said...

You have come a long way since we were skipping class at Get Yo Life Right University, my Friend. Congratulations on being brave enough to be afraid. What a tough and beautiful lesson to learn and re-learn every day. I know it is my own lesson, too. Thanks again, Jocie, for shining your bright words into my day. Peace. Love. Courage to be here. Courage to move on.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home