Friday, July 08, 2005

I am a sad girl

My beloved Mazda 3, known to many as "Jupiter," passed away Wednesday night. She was declared totaled today by my insurance adjuster. She will be remembered as a cutie with a hot booty. I could never replace her dependable zoom, zoom, zoom or her awesome sound system. I recognize that she is just another "thing" and material things will pass into and out of my life from now until I stop breathing. However, Jupiter will always have a special place in my heart. I will have a ceremony at my new house Tuesday evening, which is the same day that Jupiter will be taken to the salvage yard.

Please pray for me at this difficult time, cuz this shit sucks!

Death to the Narcissist!
Also, I am having a hard time with the loss of lives around the world. I am trying to allow myself space to be hurt about my car, but my mind always travels to London, Iraq and the AIDS crisis devastating us all and especially Africa. I know that the only way to move in my own life is to experience my emotions fully and to feel justified in doing so. The hard part is reconciling my consumption with my own shit with my desire to save the world. How to I move out of my own head and my own experience into a place that focuses energy on healing the world? Or is living my life fully the only hope I have at healing the world in the first place?

2 Comments:

Blogger FindingMie said...

Oh Jocie! This really sucks... I want to offer something of value... The best sermon I ever heard--from Saint Gloria Bowden--was "shit happens". Maybe that makes more sense right now than "we'll understand it all by and by". Shit happens, to Jupiter, to Africa, to us all. Let's hope that the Spirit of God/Love is everpresent, burning incense in the midst of the stink.

4:28 PM  
Blogger a black girl said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo. Will there be a wake?

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home