Friday, August 12, 2005

Who's That Girl?

This past week, I have done a whole lotta reminiscing about the girl I was and the woman I have grown into. Below is my high school prom picture. Sometimes I look at this photo, and I don't recognize the person looking back at me. Other times, I feel like I am the same person, like nothing has changed, like I am 17 all over again. I am having a hard time reconciling the growth I have made with what I consider to be my true self. Aren't we all just growing and processing and centering, just to come back to our true selves? Regardless of how superficial, artificial, and out of touch I consider my high school self, I have to realize that she and I are the same person. Whoa, that's a scary thought. I am stopping now...

7 Comments:

Blogger Gradly said...

Who's that sexy lady.

3:13 PM  
Blogger FindingMie said...

Whoa! This is more than manicured toes, homie...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

The beautiful thing about pictures is that it captures a time. We can't go back and edit them and if we could, what purpose would pics serve?

So yeah its a great pic and thanks for sharing it. I love looking at pics of people growing up. keyword 'growing up'. So keep moving closer to yourself and keep taking pics in the meantime so that you can always remeber...

-alii

1:08 AM  
Blogger GeminiMoonPoet said...

Omni- That sexy lady was one confused androgynous lesbian.

Mie- You got jokes?

Alii- Yeah, that pic shocks me every time I look at it. I would not go back and edit it even if I could. Well, I might remove the cheesy scarf, but nothing else.

Thanks for commenting.

11:58 AM  
Blogger a black girl said...

SEXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY wow Jocelyn... that's a big change. But wo am I to talk I definately have pictures of me and my high school wave nouveau. so sad... thats after the relaxer which was before the weave...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

We love you joc but how can i say this gently...feel free to update at any time. anytime.

-alii

3:05 AM  
Blogger GeminiMoonPoet said...

Ali---> You got jokes! I think a post a month should be sufficient. :-)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home